WHAT DO TITLE AGENCIES DO
Title companies generally act as the combined agent of the insurance company, the buyer, the seller, and any other parties related to a real estate transaction, such as mortgage lenders.
The title company reviews the title, issues insurance policies, facilitates closings, and files and records paperwork in the county or town’s official records.
You don’t want a problem that occurred long before you bought your property to deprive you of ownership or your right to use or dispose of it. And you don’t want to pay the potentially high cost of defending your property rights in court.
An Owner’s Title Insurance Policy is your best protection against potential defects that can remain hidden despite the search of public records. A Loan Title Insurance Policy also exists to protect your mortgage lender’s interest.
For a one-time premium an Owner’s Title Insurance Policy protects you against covered losses suffered due to undetected defects that existed prior to the issue date of your policy, up to the amount of the policy. Your Owner’s Title Insurance Policy also provides for legal defense costs unless the matter is excluded or excepted.These are some of the functions that we perform for our clients
- Ordering title work
- Ordering survey
- Assisting in obtaining required insurance
- Communicating with mortgage broker
- Communicating with lender
- Issuing title commitment
- Preparing closing statement
- Completing loan closing package
- Conducting closing
- Disbursing closing funds
- Recording documents
- Forwarding recorded documents to parties and lender
- Issuing and sending title insurance policies to lender and buyer
- Preparing and filing Form 1099, if applicable
- FIRPTA compliance for foreign sellers